We are living in a scary time right now. So much is uncertain, and when we can’t control what is going on around us, we become fearful. However, rest assured, we are all in this together. I have put this list together for resources that are available to all of us. If I have missed something please feel free to email me so I can add it in.
School Aged Children
- Nutritional Meals for free (NEISD) –https://www.neisd.net//site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=250&ModuleInstanceID=21391&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=143737&PageID=1238
- Counseling Services (NEISD) – https://www.neisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=21391&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=143168&PageID=1
- NISD – https://www.nisd.net/news/breaking-updates-regarding-covid-19
- SCUC ISD – https://www.scuc.txed.net/Page/32560
- San Antonio Food Bank – https://safoodbank.org/cvresponse/
- SNAP – https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/Home
- Meals on Wheels – https://www.mowsatx.org/
- Salvation Army – http://www.salvationarmysanantonio.org/rent-assistance/
- SAMMinistries – https://www.samm.org/get-help/
- Fair Housing and Emergency Assistance – https://www.sanantonio.gov/NHSD/Programs/FairHousing
Please remember that the Stay Home, Work Safe Order is done to protect all of us. I know that it can be tempting to get out because you are bored of being home. Please don’t get out, just to get out. If you must get out for groceries, consider having them delivered through Shipt, Instacart, Favor or do curbside delivery through HEB. If you have to go get groceries yourself, limit the number of times you go to the store. Yes this hard, trust me! I was a daily shopper for our meals. I now have to plan my meals for the entire week and go buy it all at once. Actually, it has saved me money doing this, as I no longer impulse buy. Use a mask when you have to get out. There are many businesses and people making them.